Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

HDF 3.0 Installation fails with error showing Ambari agent trying to install HDF 2.0 items

HDF 3.0 Installation fails with error showing Ambari agent trying to install HDF 2.0 items

New Contributor

I am installing HDF 3.0 using Ambari Server. I followed the steps mentioned

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.0.1.1/bk_installing-hdf-and-hdp/content/ch_inst...

I installed the Ambari 3.0 Mpack and I could see HDF 3.0 in drop down menu and selected it. Passed through selection steps when it comes to actually install the stuff I get installation failed with [ Pretty much same issue with all other packages]

Not sure why it is refering HDF 2.0 when I have selected HDF3.0. There are no older installation of HDF2.0 in the VM

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 35, in <module>
    BeforeAnyHook().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 367, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 26, in hook
    import params
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/params.py", line 101, in <module>
    hadoop_home = stack_select.get_hadoop_dir("home", force_latest_on_upgrade=True)
TypeError: get_hadoop_dir() got an unexpected keyword argument 'force_latest_on_upgrade'
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-143.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-143.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']
2 REPLIES 2

Re: HDF 3.0 Installation fails with error showing Ambari agent trying to install HDF 2.0 items

New Contributor

Have you gotten this resolved? I have the same issue. I would be interested in any response or help you receive.

Re: HDF 3.0 Installation fails with error showing Ambari agent trying to install HDF 2.0 items

New Contributor

HDF 3.0 requires Ambari 2.5.1. I was getting this when I loaded the MPACK in an Ambari 2.4 environment.

This happened to me when I was trying to use Ambari 2.4. Nifi 3.0 requires Ambari 2.5.1. I suggest looking at the support matrices: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.0.0/bk_support-matrices/content/ch_matrices-hdf...

RJ Daskevich