Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

HDF 3.0 Installation fails with error showing Ambari agent trying to install HDF 2.0 items

New Contributor

I am installing HDF 3.0 using Ambari Server. I followed the steps mentioned

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.0.1.1/bk_installing-hdf-and-hdp/content/ch_inst...

I installed the Ambari 3.0 Mpack and I could see HDF 3.0 in drop down menu and selected it. Passed through selection steps when it comes to actually install the stuff I get installation failed with [ Pretty much same issue with all other packages]

Not sure why it is refering HDF 2.0 when I have selected HDF3.0. There are no older installation of HDF2.0 in the VM

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 35, in <module>
    BeforeAnyHook().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 367, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 26, in hook
    import params
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/params.py", line 101, in <module>
    hadoop_home = stack_select.get_hadoop_dir("home", force_latest_on_upgrade=True)
TypeError: get_hadoop_dir() got an unexpected keyword argument 'force_latest_on_upgrade'
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-143.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-143.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']
2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

Have you gotten this resolved? I have the same issue. I would be interested in any response or help you receive.

New Contributor

HDF 3.0 requires Ambari 2.5.1. I was getting this when I loaded the MPACK in an Ambari 2.4 environment.

This happened to me when I was trying to use Ambari 2.4. Nifi 3.0 requires Ambari 2.5.1. I suggest looking at the support matrices: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.0.0/bk_support-matrices/content/ch_matrices-hdf...

RJ Daskevich

; ;