Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDF 3.1 Storm UI with Ranger plugin - how to lowercase principal user name getted from Active Directory - Kerberos/Ldap

Highlighted

HDF 3.1 Storm UI with Ranger plugin - how to lowercase principal user name getted from Active Directory - Kerberos/Ldap

New Contributor

In storm UI I need to get user principal in lower case because on shell users are in lowercase and storm worker for topology running as user who deployed topology.

Kerberos/LDAP users are get from Active Directory. Browser on windows machines automatically send kerberos token according to Active Directory account with upper case.

I try to set kerberos.name.rules in storm.yaml with parameter \L to

RULE:[1:$1@$0](.*@EXAMPLE.COM)s/@.*///L

similary to this aricle: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/14463/auth-to-local-rules-syntax.html

but nothing change - storm UI shows wrong principal and when I tryed display topology details I get error:

AuthorizationException(msg:getTopologyConf on topology production-topology is not authorized)

What else can I do?