Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDF 3.3.1 service in ambari 2.7.3

Hi All,

I need help . I am in the process of installing HDF 3.3.1 cluster and the Ambari version is 2.7.3 My Installation fails while configuring the Ranger with Mysql DB

shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

Error occurred during initialization of VM

java.lang.Error: Properties init: Could not determine current working directory.

at java.lang.System.initProperties(Native Method)

at java.lang.System.initializeSystemClass(System.java:1119)

Thanks in advance.

-Vicky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Vicky Thatavarthi

Based on the below error looks like ambari agent is not able to run the getcwd python command

shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory 

Can you please confirm if you are running ambari agent as "Non Root" user? (if yes, then have you followed the instructions properly to setup agent to run as Non Root user)

Can you please try changing the following PATH to some other directory and give access (read / write/ execute) to the user who is running ambari agent (in case if you are running agent as non root user) and then restart ambari agent and thentry again:

# grep 'AGENT_WORKING_DIR' /var/lib/ambari-agent/bin/ambari-agent
AGENT_WORKING_DIR=/var/lib/ambari-agent

like change it to /tmp/ambari-agent directory and then try again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@Vicky Thatavarthi

Based on the below error looks like ambari agent is not able to run the getcwd python command

Can you please confirm if you are running ambari agent as "Non Root" user? (if yes, then have you followed the instructions properly to setup agent to run as Non Root user)

Can you please try changing the following PATH to some other directory and give access (read / write/ execute) to the user who is running ambari agent (in case if you are running agent as non root user) and then restart ambari agent and thentry again:

# grep 'AGENT_WORKING_DIR' /var/lib/ambari-agent/bin/ambari-agent
AGENT_WORKING_DIR=/var/lib/ambari-agent

like change it to /tmp/ambari-agent directory and then try again.

Thanks Jay Kumar SenSharma i have resolved the above issue to changing the permissions.

Now i am facing one more issue , its seems to looks its not pointing to right repo file .I am using local repository

Could you hele me appreciated your help .

Thanks in advances.

-Vicky

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stack-hooks/before-INSTALL/scripts/hook.py", line 37, in <module>
    BeforeInstallHook().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 352, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stack-hooks/before-INSTALL/scripts/hook.py", line 33, in hook
    install_packages()
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stack-hooks/before-INSTALL/scripts/shared_initialization.py", line 37, in install_packages
    retry_count=params.agent_stack_retry_count)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/base.py", line 166, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/providers/packaging.py", line 30, in action_install
    self._pkg_manager.install_package(package_name, self.__create_context())
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ambari_commons/repo_manager/yum_manager.py", line 219, in install_package
    shell.repository_manager_executor(cmd, self.properties, context)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ambari_commons/shell.py", line 753, in repository_manager_executor
    raise RuntimeError(message)
RuntimeError: Failed to execute command '/usr/bin/yum -y install hdf-select', exited with code '1', message: 'Repository HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.22 is listed more than once in the configuration
 One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown),

and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only

safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:
     1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.
     2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working

upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer

distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the

packages for the previous distribution release still work).
     3. Run the command with the repository temporarily disabled

yum --disablerepo=<repoid> ...
     4. Disable the repository permanently, so yum won't use it by default. Yum

will then just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it

again or use --enablerepo for temporary usage:
            yum-config-manager --disable <repoid>

or

subscription-manager repos --disable=<repoid>
     5. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is unavailable.

Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most commands,

so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be much

slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a nice

compromise:
            yum-config-manager --save --setopt=<repoid>.skip_if_unavailable=true
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: HDF-3.3-repo-151

Thanks Jay Kumar SenSharma i have resolved above issue to changing permissions .

Now im facing another issue Could you help me .Appreciated youe help.

Thanks in advance.

Vicky

Error Details:

Failed to execute command: rpm -qa | grep smartsense- || yum -y install smartsense-hst || rpm -i /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/3.2/services/SMARTSENSE/package/files/rpm/*.rpm; Exit code: 1; stdout: Loaded plugins: package_upload, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription- : manager ; stderr: One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown), and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this: 1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem. 2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the packages for the previous distribution release still work). 3. Run the command with the repository temporarily disabled yum --disablerepo=<repoid> ... 4. Disable the repository permanently, so yum won't use it by default. Yum will then just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or use --enablerepo for temporary usage: yum-config-manager --disable <repoid> or subscription-manager repos --disable=<repoid> 5. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is unavailable. Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most commands, so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be much slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a nice compromise: yum-config-manager --save --setopt=<repoid>.skip_if_unavailable=true Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: HDF-3.3-repo-101 error: File not found by glob: /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/3.2/services/SMARTSENSE/package/files/rpm/*.rpm