Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDF minor upgrade 3.0.1.0 to 3.0.1.1

HDF minor upgrade 3.0.1.0 to 3.0.1.1

New Contributor

I'm a bit confused about how to upgrade my HDF stack from 3.0.1.0 to the recent patch release 3.0.1.1.

The Ambari itself is already the latest version (2.5.1)

I've already upgraded the Management Pack on the Amabri server node to the latest version (3.0.1.1). But I don't see an entry for HDF-3.0.1.1 version from the dropdown list on the Admin -> Versions page.

How should I register the new version to be able to do this upgrade? Do I need to upload a "Version Definition File"?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: HDF minor upgrade 3.0.1.0 to 3.0.1.1

Guru

Hi @Alireza Sadeghi.

I think I've seen this issue before. Two things you can try: 1) restart Ambari and 2) refresh your browser cache.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi @Andrew Lim

I tried both, but the new version is still not appearing.

Guru

@Alireza Sadeghi, unless somebody responds with a solution, when I get a chance I will see if I can reproduce your issue with the 3.0.1.1 Mpack.

Guru

Hi @Alireza Sadeghi

The suggestions I had earlier to fix the version not appearing was when I performed an initial HDF install via Ambari not an upgrade.

I just attempted an upgrade from HDF 3.0.0 to HDF 3.0.1.1 and was able to reproduce your issue. When doing an upgrade you need to register the version you are upgrading to as described here:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.0.0/bk_ambari-upgrade/content/ch_upgrade-hdf.ht...

Here is the basic process:

1. Admin-->Manage Ambari
  2. Select "Versions"
  3. Select "Register Versions"

34805-register-version.png

4. Select "HDF-3.0" from the list. Enter the extension in the Name field ie. HDF-3.0.1.1. For your OS, add the proper HDF-3.0.1.1 base URL (for my CentOS7 enviro, it was: http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDF/centos7/3.x/updates/3.0.1.1/tars/hdf_ambari_mp/hdf-ambari-m...). Save.

34806-version-added.png

5. Select Install. Then select Upgrade.
  6. You will be presented with upgrade options: Rolling Upgrade and Express Upgrade

34804-upgrade-options.png

7. I went with Express Upgrade which had a couple minor issues to resolve before initiating (need to disable Auto-Start and perform some checks on NiFi and ZooKeeper). Once resolved, I was able to proceed with the Express Upgrade.
  8. You get some prompts whether to proceed or not based on warnings, etc.

Finally:

34801-express-upgrade-finished-copy.png

Guru

Hi @Alireza Sadeghi,

Did this solve your issue? Just wanted this marked as an accepted answer if so. Otherwise, can try to provide further troubleshooting. Thanks!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here