Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDFS API client

Highlighted

HDFS API client

New Contributor

We have a CDH5 environment with kerberos enabled. I am trying to connect from a remote machine using the HDFS API (I have this working against CDH5 without kerberos). Is there a clear example of how to do this? I am assuming this can be done?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: HDFS API client

Explorer

I belive that Harsh answered this question on StackOverflow recently: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21193453/how-to-access-secure-kerberized-hadoop-using-just-java-a... Let me know if Harsh's solution works for you, or if you need further detail.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Thank you, I will give that a try and let you  know how I make out.

Highlighted

New Contributor

I had some time to look at this today but I still have some questions. What is the UserGroupInformation superuser? Is the keytab file for this user the only thing I need on the client side (configuration settings from site.xml, hdfs-site.xml etc or jaas.conf krb5.ini)?

I have seen some code snippet that users SecurityUtil.login(configuration, keytabKeyName, userKeyName) and I am able to login with my keytab file and username but when I try to do anything with the filesystem I encounter security exceptions.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here