Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

HDFS API client

Highlighted

HDFS API client

New Contributor

We have a CDH5 environment with kerberos enabled. I am trying to connect from a remote machine using the HDFS API (I have this working against CDH5 without kerberos). Is there a clear example of how to do this? I am assuming this can be done?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: HDFS API client

Explorer

I belive that Harsh answered this question on StackOverflow recently: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21193453/how-to-access-secure-kerberized-hadoop-using-just-java-a... Let me know if Harsh's solution works for you, or if you need further detail.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Thank you, I will give that a try and let you  know how I make out.

New Contributor

I had some time to look at this today but I still have some questions. What is the UserGroupInformation superuser? Is the keytab file for this user the only thing I need on the client side (configuration settings from site.xml, hdfs-site.xml etc or jaas.conf krb5.ini)?

I have seen some code snippet that users SecurityUtil.login(configuration, keytabKeyName, userKeyName) and I am able to login with my keytab file and username but when I try to do anything with the filesystem I encounter security exceptions.

Don't have an account?