Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDFS Balancer "Rebalance" action disabled in CM web UI; corrupted state / inconsistent messaging

Highlighted

HDFS Balancer "Rebalance" action disabled in CM web UI; corrupted state / inconsistent messaging

New Contributor

I ran the HDFS Balancer last night and it crashed after 3 hours with a "ConnectionRefused" from the NN.

I'm trying to run it again but the "Rebalance" action is disabled in the CM web UI, and I'm getting inconsistent messages trying to "start"/"stop" the role; each action fails saying "the role is already started" or "the role is already stopped", respectively.

"Decommision"/"Recommision" say something like "only datanode roles can be commissioned", and entering/leaving maintenance mode doesn't do anything.

What can I do?

The HDFS Balancer role has always seemed hard to monitor via the Cloudera Manager Web UI; even when it's been running, it doesn't show as "running" or green-lit in the UI, but now it seems like I'm in a more inconsistent state.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here