Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDFS/YARN start by Ambari v.s command line & rack arware

Contributor

Just wondering whether Abmari does anything additional, when start HDFS/YARN, comparing to from command line directly.

I noted below case while testing rack awareness which prompts this questions. Thanks, Allen.

• I have 4 node cluster installed by Ambari By default, it seems Ambari has already has rack awareness enabled.
    • core-site.xml: <name>net.topology.script.file.name</name>core-site.xml: <value>/etc/hadoop/conf/topology_script.py</value>
    • topology_script.py reads config data from topology_mappings.data

topology_script.py:DATA_FILE_NAME = os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(__file__)) + "/topology_mappings.data"

• For testing purpose, I modified the rack info in topology_mappings.data

• a: when restart the HDFS and YARN manually, the change takes effect

• b. when restart by Ambari, the change is NOT take effect. And further, the topology_mappings.data content is over-written with 'default' value and all my change has gone. (Is Ambari collecting the rack info automatically somewhere ? )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

This question can be ignored. After further reading, i understood this is expected. Ambari keeps the configuration somewhere else (most likely in its own repository and then extract and refresh the .xml during start up. Sound makes sense for the usage of repository).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor

This question can be ignored. After further reading, i understood this is expected. Ambari keeps the configuration somewhere else (most likely in its own repository and then extract and refresh the .xml during start up. Sound makes sense for the usage of repository).