Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDFS deployment problems

HDFS deployment problems

New Contributor

I'm trying to use virtualbox and Cloudera Manager 5.5 to set up a new cluster with four nodes "hadoop[1-4]". Hadoop HDFS deployment just does not work. I checked /dfs/dn permission on every data node. It is

"drwxr-xr-x  2 cloudera-scm cloudera-scm 4096 Nov 22 18:36 dn"

I have spent hours debugging this. Please help!

I used single user setup and the error msg is the following:

2015-11-22 18:20:25,526 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: Exception in secureMain
java.io.IOException: All directories in dfs.datanode.data.dir are invalid: "/dfs/dn"
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.getDataDirsFromURIs(DataNode.java:1821)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.makeInstance(DataNode.java:1791)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.instantiateDataNode(DataNode.java:1728)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.createDataNode(DataNode.java:1751)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.secureMain(DataNode.java:1904)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.main(DataNode.java:1925)

2015-11-22 18:25:02,310 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: Exception in secureMain
java.io.IOException: failed to stat a path component: '/var/run/hdfs-sockets'.  error code 2 (No such file or directory)
    at org.apache.hadoop.net.unix.DomainSocket.validateSocketPathSecurity0(Native Method)
    at org.apache.hadoop.net.unix.DomainSocket.bindAndListen(DomainSocket.java:191)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.net.DomainPeerServer.<init>(DomainPeerServer.java:42)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.getDomainPeerServer(DataNode.java:603)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.initDataXceiver(DataNode.java:570)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.startDataNode(DataNode.java:741)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.<init>(DataNode.java:344)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.makeInstance(DataNode.java:1795)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.instantiateDataNode(DataNode.java:1728)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.createDataNode(DataNode.java:1751)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.secureMain(DataNode.java:1904)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.main(DataNode.java:1925)

2 REPLIES 2

Re: HDFS deployment problems

New Contributor

Yes same happened to me, also even if you fix /var/run/hdfs-sockets it will removed on reboot

Re: HDFS deployment problems

New Contributor

changed UNIX Domain Socket path value in cluster configuration Configuration - Local Data Directories and Files to be a different directory than /var/run/hdfs-sockets so it would not be deleted on reboot

The save triggered a push of the updated config to all nodes