Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDFS replication failed in BDR

HDFS replication failed in BDR

New Contributor

Hi,

I created a BDR replication schedule to backup data from S3 to HDFS and vice versa. The replication schedule fails with error 

MessageHDFS replication command failed.
Setup Errororg.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.AWSClientIOException: doesBucketExist on <BucketName>: com.amazonaws.SdkClientException: Unable to execute HTTP request: <BucketName>.s3-ap-south-1.amazonaws.com: Name or service not known: Unable to execute HTTP request: <BucketName>.s3-ap-south-1.amazonaws.com: Name or service not known

I am using cloudera 5.16.1 Enterprise Trial version. The cloudera is running from a linux server which has network restrictions. As I am new to cloudera I am missing something basic here.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: HDFS replication failed in BDR

Super Collaborator

Yes @AK_ Trial version of Cloudera software do not support Backup and Disaster Recovery. Check other features limited to Licensed version.

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_ag_licenses.html#cmug_topic_13_7

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi @GangWar,

The cloudera enterprise trial version is licensed. I can able to get the license key from administration>license and Backup option is enabled in cloudera(Backup option is not enabled in cloudera express). The url you provided also not suggesting that enterprise trial version doesn't support BDR. Can you confirm cloudera Enterprise trail does not support BDR? 

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi @GangWar ,

I upgraded my cloudera Enterprise trail to cloudera Enterprise. But still I am facing the same issue. Facing this issue for long time. Whereas file upload by command(hadoop distcp) works fine in the environment.

Thanks 

Highlighted

Super Collaborator
This seems you are replicating data into S3 bucket, can you confirm that you can access S3 file form the HDFS file browser and also have configured the bucket as per Cloudera Doc. This is a very nice blog to understand S3 replication.
https://blog.cloudera.com/using-amazon-s3-with-cloudera-bdr/
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here