Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP 2.1 version changes?

HDP 2.1 version changes?

Expert Contributor

Hi all,

Can somebody guide me how to check configuration changes in HDP 2.1 like I could do in HDP 2.4: where I can compare versions and see what changes were made from the previous version?? The issue is I just started working on this 2.1 cluster, previously it was used by somebody else with so many refresh icons on all of the services. I am not sure what changes they must have made and I am scared to restart the services because currently we have a very stable cluster.

Thank you all for your answers.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: HDP 2.1 version changes?

Guru

You can compare configuration versions across revisions in Ambari UI. Go through the last few versions to compare what has changed in the last few versions.

You can use REST API to get the versions and compare if you would like to do that. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Service+Config+Versions+API+usage

Even with older versions of ambari, versions information is in ambari DB, just not exposed in UI.

Expert Contributor
@Ravi Mutyala

but i dont see those in HDP 2.1 version.

I know what you are talking about and i see them and compare in 2.4 i have ..

Guru

Ok. You are probably on an older version of ambari then. Even with this older version, configuration versions are maintained within ambari, it is just the UI not supporting showing the versions.

You can use REST API to get the versions and compare if you would like to do that. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Service+Config+Versions+API+usage

Expert Contributor
@Ravi Mutyala

Thank you for the information. But I am unable to load the page:

it says {

"status": 404,
  "message": "Not Found"
}

Is there any other way???

Highlighted

Guru

looks like wrong cluster name? Can you paste the URL that did not give a result?

Expert Contributor