Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.3.0 Windows Server 2012 R2 Single Node Cluster: 8020 Connection Refused

Hi,

I'm a newbie in this field and trying to setup HDP 2.3.0 single node cluster on a Windows Server 2012 R2 system. I've been following the steps mentioned here: http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.0-Win/bk_QuickStart_HDPWin/content/ch_qinst.ht...

However, after successfully installing HDP 2.3.0 as per instructions, I was able to start the services with 2 failures:2134-hdperr1.png

After this, I went on to check one of the HDFS commands but the connection was refused:2135-hdperr2.png

Does anyone know what I've done wrong in setting up the single node cluster or do I need to do something else for this to work? Please also note that I've disabled the firewall already.

Thanks in advance for helping!

Adi

EDIT: Installing SQL server instead of Derby solved the problem. Thanks to @Artem Ervits.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Aditya Goyal this seems to be a common problem, can you retry your install with SQL server and not derby. People are having issues with derby on windows.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

@Aditya Goyal

Can you run jps in cli and paste the output. it seems some of the hadoop services are not running.

@Divakar Annapureddy

Hi Divakar, can you please tell me the specific command you want me to run on the powershell/cmd line ?

Master Mentor

@Aditya Goyal

Check that your oozie derby database is up and running and also see link

Super Collaborator

Error : Connection refused to 8020

Possible causes:

1. NameNode is not running. Check namenode log to find error.

2. Firewall blocking connection to 8020. Check you firewall setting. It is recommended in the doc to disable firewall.

@Rahul Pathak

1. Please see the below snapshot status of services running:2138-hdperr3.png

2. As mentioned before, I had disabled the firewall already.

Master Mentor

@Aditya Goyal

As reiterated in my earlier posting the reason is the derby database is down.

Start you DB so that Oozie can load it's config also see oozie config

Hi @Geoffrey Shelton Okot, the derby database stops immediately whenever I try to start it.

Master Mentor

@Aditya Goyal this seems to be a common problem, can you retry your install with SQL server and not derby. People are having issues with derby on windows.

Thanks @Artem Ervits, SQL server solved the problem. 🙂