Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.3.4 for Windows Installation Issue

Contributor

When trying to install HDP 2.3.4.0 on Windows Server 2012, I receive the following error. "Please add file ext*.zip next to the MSI in order to continue installation".

This error occurs regardless of the options selected (Single Node, Multi Node, Add Components, etc).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

After a lot of trial and error, I finally got the installation to work. Here's what i did differently.

1. Launch the msi using a local account with admin rights, not a domain account.

2. For the Hadoop - User password, i entered a very strong password that was sure to meet Windows min requirements.

3. selected derby to host Hive and Oozie dbs, not MSSQL.

4. DID NOT select LZO, GZip, or Oozie web console options.

My theory is the installation failed due to either insufficient system privileges related to my domain account or the password entered for the hadoop user failed the minimum requirements for Server 2012.

Now my next challenge is to install / configure a compression codec and the oozie web console after the fact.

I appreciate everyone's help earlier.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

New Contributor
@John Gartman

I am facing invalid username/password while launching the MSI. So, we need to use system administrator or we can use our own account with admin privileges.

"1. Launch the msi using a local account with admin rights, not a domain account."

Explorer

Same issue.

Unchecking the checkboxes for gzip etc allowed to move forward.

I used 'hortonworks' as the password.

But the thing failed, a tad later.

Windows 8.1 Pro