Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.4.2 - Windows Server 2012 R2 - 64 Bit

Contributor

When i installed the single node HDP 2.4.2 only install (hive,pig,oozie,zookeeper) these components.My question is how to install HBase and rest of components in windows mode and i want all commands to start the services(cheat codes) finally is that 2.4.2 fully supports windows can i start my development??? when i start the hive it shows java error.Hive not started!!! please give me the solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

From the installation, you can pick to install Hbase. If you ran into issue like starting the hive it shows java error, the installation had problems. You can debug from lower layer to see whether you can use hdfs command to list directories, etc. Or is it feasible for you to follow the link and re-install?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

@sanka sandeep Please follow the HDP 2.4.2 Windows install guide available here

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.4.2-Win/bk_HDP_Install_Win/content/index.html

Make sure your system meets all minimum requirements

Contributor

Hi all, Thanks for the information already we follow all these guidelance finally we want the solutions not links

Explorer

From the installation, you can pick to install Hbase. If you ran into issue like starting the hive it shows java error, the installation had problems. You can debug from lower layer to see whether you can use hdfs command to list directories, etc. Or is it feasible for you to follow the link and re-install?