Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP_2.4_virtualbox_v3.ova corrupted

HDP_2.4_virtualbox_v3.ova corrupted

New Contributor

Is HDP_2.4_virtualbox_v3.ova corrupted? A coworker and I both downloaded the file through different browsers (Chrome and Firefox) but still were not able to import the appliance into VirtualBox. I also attempted to download and import 2.3 but was unsuccessful. I was finally able to import 2.2. Anyone else run into this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: HDP_2.4_virtualbox_v3.ova corrupted

Hi @Tasha hall This is usually the case when the web browser fails to download the file correctly.

I would recommend using commandline tools, like wget, or curl that you can pass a flag to continue the download even if it's interrupted or stalls.

Otherwise just use whatever graphical download manager is available for your O/S of choice.

You can also confirm the checksums of the files you have already downloaded to verify if they match our published checksums for the OVA files.

Highlighted

Explorer

I just downloaded HDP_2.4_virtualbox_v3.ova and was able to import into VirtualBox. So as Dave mentions below, you may need to try his recommendations.

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

@Tasha hall, Hi! The current sandbox is a 10G file. It is hard to download this image when the servers and networks are busy. Try downloading at night in the US. I am in California and I find I do best after 10pm at night.

thanks,

Ron

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here