Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP 2.5.3 Ambari URL not accessible in other network

HDP 2.5.3 Ambari URL not accessible in other network

Explorer

Hi All, We have HDP 2.5.3 setup on VMs ,having 1 name node and 2 data nodes. We are able to access the ambari url from office network however when we go out of the office and use vpn to connect office network we are not able to connect to ambari url. From vpn connectivity we are able to access all vms (putty) etc... except ambari url .We are using Ambari URL like http://12.133.130.180:8080 . What could be the issue and how to find this . Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: HDP 2.5.3 Ambari URL not accessible in other network

Super Mentor

@Rohit M

Please check if you are able to access the ambari IP Address and Port when you are on VPN?

# telnet  12.133.130.180  8080
(OR)
# nc -v  12.133.130.180  8080

If above does not connect then you might have some firewall rule which is restricting the Ambari Host/Port access when you are on VPN. May be your Network IP Address (range) changes which might be blocked by the network which is having Ambari Hosted.

I am suspecting that there may be a firewall rule which might be restricting the access on port 8080 from a particular range of client IP Addresses.

Explorer

Hi Jay, Thanks . I checked with my network team , as per them there is not rule set for 8080 port. I tried to telnet ip from office also but it is not getting connected But ambari URL working and i am able to login. Is there any other things i can check.

Thanks

New Contributor

The obvious solution here is VPN of course. Try reading here to get the perfect one http://bestvpnrating.com/

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here