Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP 2.5: Falcon Availability Flag can not be updated in the Web UI and XML edit

HDP 2.5: Falcon Availability Flag can not be updated in the Web UI and XML edit

New Contributor

I have installed the Falcon and practise the Falcon,

I have got the error in Oozie for the one of the process,

_success is Missing.

_success, Exists? :false

Then I have tried to update the Availability Flag with empty and once it is saved, still I can see _success in the Availability Flag text box. Falcon web UI, does not updating the Availability Flag and its always retain _success.

11521-falcon-availability-flag.png

Note: I have tried to edit the XML in the Falcon UI but no use.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: HDP 2.5: Falcon Availability Flag can not be updated in the Web UI and XML edit

Expert Contributor

@Uvaraj Seerangan In this case you have to ensure that _success must be available in input directory. When you ingest data to timestamped input directory, please make sure to add the flag file _success, once ingestion complete.

Highlighted

Re: HDP 2.5: Falcon Availability Flag can not be updated in the Web UI and XML edit

New Contributor

@peeyush Do we need to create _success file under the timestamped directory manually?.

Expert Contributor

Yes in this case you have to create the _success file manually under the timestamped directory. I will also deploy the Falcon once and check about this.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here