Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.5: Oozie Launcher ERROR, reason: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.ShellMain], exit code [1]

Contributor

I have tried the example provided in the Hortonwork tutorial,

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/defining-processing-data-end-end-data-pipeline-apache-falcon/

I have followed the steps has provided in that tutorial but facing issue when executing "rawEmailIngestProcess", all the Jobs are KILLLED.

I have followed the below links to identify root cause,

Checked in Resouremanger Log.

Checked in Oozie log.

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/9148/troubleshooting-an-oozie-flow.html

No error message in resource manger log, Found the error in the oozie log file.

Launcher ERROR, reason: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.ShellMain], exit code [1]

11488-oozie-jobs.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

@Uvaraj Seerangan

Can you check an instance of shell-wf job . Do you see any link in the console URL section for this.

If a yarn job is launched , you can view the logs further using below command or by directly viewing through RM UI

yarn logs -applicationId <application_ID>.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Master Guru

@Uvaraj Seerangan

Please click on one of the KILLED workflow --> Click on failed action --> See if you are getting any error in error section

If not then click on Console URL --> It will land you to RM UI --> Click on succeeded mapper --> Click on logs --> Check stderr logs

You should get some hint over there.

Contributor

Yes I got the below error from Oozie,

2017-01-18 09:19:56,597 WARN ShellActionExecutor:523 - SERVER[] USER[ambari-qa] GROUP[-] TOKEN[] APP[shell-wf] JOB[0000055-170117070035733-oozie-oozi-W] ACTION[0000055-170117070035733-oozie-oozi-W@shell-node] Launcher ERROR, reason: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.ShellMain], exit code [1]

Contributor

But no error message in the stderr log.. Is there any workaround to fix this issue...

Rising Star

@Uvaraj Seerangan

Can you check an instance of shell-wf job . Do you see any link in the console URL section for this.

If a yarn job is launched , you can view the logs further using below command or by directly viewing through RM UI

yarn logs -applicationId <application_ID>.

Contributor

yarn logs -applicationId <application_ID> .. Helped me to identify the issue.. It is a permission issue for the user and I have fixed it.

Hi! -- I am experiencing the same issue with the same tutorial (Falcon) in a Google Cloud based HDP installation. I'd be grateful if you could add some more info regarding that permission issue. Thanks in advance.

Rising Star

@prsingh

Hi, You're my life saviour. I tried checking the logs on the schedular website but just couldnt find it.

and then I used this Yarn log and saved it into a log.txt file and there you go. Found the exact error that I was looking for.

Thank you so much. 🙂

hi i added spark node in oozie workflow but getting this error all time {

reason: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SparkMain], exit code [101]