Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.5 sandbox not starting up

Expert Contributor

Hi All, I've HDP 2.5 sandbox, and it is not starting up ..

I've used this sandbox earlier, and it would startup (though much slower than HDP 2.4).. but since yesterday, it is not starting up ..

I've a MacBook, 16GB RAM

Attaching screenshot of the HDP 2.5 sandbox not staring up .. showing this screen for 15+ mins

Appreciate your help on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I re-imported the SandBox & i'm able to start and use it now.. Unfortulately, the changes made earlier are lost 😞

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Expert Contributor

Super Guru
@Karan Alang

You can try having VirutalBox turn off the VM and then restarting the VM to see if the issue goes away.

Expert Contributor

@Michael Young

i've restarted the VirtualBox multiple times since yesterday, to try to fix the issue.

I've shut down(powered off) the application, and then restarted again... with the same issue.

Super Guru

@Karan Alang

Can you try giving the virtual machine 10GB or 12GB of ram to see if that helps? I typically run my sandbox using 12GB (12288MB).

How did you shutdown the virtual machine when it was working before?

Expert Contributor

@Michael Young, let me check that

Actually, i thought i'll remove the SandBox (w/o deleting the files) and re-add ..

But after doing that, it's not showing any progress bar now.. so not sure if it is starting

any ideas ?

Super Guru

Deleting the VM and not the files won't typically resolve anything as the problem is likely the VM image itself. you can import a new copy of the image you downloaded and they can sit side by side. See if a new version works ok. Your VM may somehow be corrupt.

@Karan Alang in that hung screen what happens when you press "ESC" key?

How much RAM do have you allocated to the sandbox vm?

Expert Contributor

@jss - it is allocated 8GB memory

Expert Contributor

@jss, @Michael Young

attaching screenshot of the terminal, it seems to be stuck therescreen-shot-2016-11-10-at-104903-am.png

Any ideas ?