Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP 2.6.4 with VirtualBox freezing MacOS Host,HDP 2.6.4 with VB freezing Mac Host

Highlighted

HDP 2.6.4 with VirtualBox freezing MacOS Host,HDP 2.6.4 with VB freezing Mac Host

New Contributor

I'm on a 2013 Macbook Air with 8GB of RAM and have Virtualbox 5.2.6 installed.

In VirtualBox, I did Import Appliance and selected the HDP 2.6.4 .ova file. When I start the VM, it gets to Ambari Agent Successfully started and lists the location for agent PID, output and log, and then MacOS freezes. I think the VM may be using up all the CPU since I was able to see that the CPU in activity monitor was at 170%. However, I tried re-Importing Appliance with CPU set to 1 and still MacOS froze. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Re: HDP 2.6.4 with VirtualBox freezing MacOS Host,HDP 2.6.4 with VB freezing Mac Host

Super Mentor

HDP Sandbox (virtualbox) images will itself require at least 8GB of dedicated RAM to function properly.

So your Laptop should have around 16GB of RAM to run it smoothly (where 8GB will be allocated to Sandbox)

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here