Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.6 - Can't upload files with more than 1MB in Ambari file view

62707-screen-shot-2018-03-07-at-164248.png

Hi, I can't upload files with more than 1MB in Ambari file view, the process start and reach 100% but never closed the popup and finished.

I'm using the Blueprint: hdp26-data-science-spark2

Thanks,

Marcelo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
7 REPLIES 7

I can catch the error message and it is:

413 Request Entity Too Large

But I don't know how to fix this error, so I need some help please.

Thanks

Master Mentor

@Marcelo Dotti

1 MB is too small ... i have put more than 100 MB of file to HDFS using Ambari File view just now and it works well.

Can you please try the following:

1. Try putting the file to some other directory?

2. Please check if the 413 Request Entity Too Large is coming from some other source ... Like Do you have a router or as webserver present in front of ambari or are you directly accessing the ambari UI without any proxy?

Hi @Jay Kumar SenSharma

You have right, I have put the same files (with more than 1mb and one with 60mb) in HDP2.5 sandbox without problems, but now I created a cluster with cloudbreak, using hdp26-data-science-spark2 blueprint, and I can't upload these files.

I'm using the "user/admin/data" folder in HDP 2.6 and in HDP 2.5, but in the HDP 2.6 fail and in HDP 2.5 run without problems.

HDP 2.5:

62715-hdp-25.png

HDP 2.6:

62716-hdp-26.png

Master Mentor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

You're right!

I used the Cloudbreak Ambari link and this link use https with nginx proxy and can't load more than 1mb files.

62717-cloudbreak.png

I tried with 8080 and it worked!

Thank you very much.

New Contributor

Installed the sandbox on VirtualBox but could not upload a .csv file more than 200mb on HDFS using Ambari interface and getting a message 413 (Request Entity Too Large). The file upload bar stuck at 100%.

Though working fine with files size smaller than 200mb.

I am using localhost:8080 to access Ambari had uploaded up to 4GB files using FilesView on windows docker. But could not upload same file on VirtualBox. I have allocated 8GB RAM to VirtualBox and plenty of disk space.

Is there a file size cap property somewhere on Ambari or with in the webserver hortonworks use? no idea which webserver.

86524-ambari-file-upload.jpg

New Contributor

I cope with the similar problem by using scp. command. Then I connect through ssh and add file to hdfs.

scp -P 2201 <pathToLocalFile> root@127.0.0.1:~