Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

HDP 3.0.0 /var/spool/mail/root *client.py status:ClientComponentHasNoStatus

New Contributor

Hi all, I have setup HDP 3.0.0 and all necessary services up and running, in ambari UI I see no issues, but I have an error in /var/spool/mail/root every 20 seconds for all the clients:

reason: sqoop_client.py:44:status:ClientComponentHasNoStatus
reason: hbase_client.py:44:status:ClientComponentHasNoStatus
reason: infra_solr_client.py:50:status:ClientComponentHasNoStat=
reason: yarn_client.py:44:status:ClientComponentHasNoStatus
reason: zookeeper_client.py:55:status:ClientComponentHasNoStatu=
reason: mapreduce2_client.py:53:status:ClientComponentHasNoStat=
reason: tez_client.py:55:status:ClientComponentHasNoStatus
reason: hive_client.py:43:status:ClientComponentHasNoStatus
reason: spark_client.py:44:status:ClientComponentHasNoStatus
reason: hdfs_client.py:59:status:ClientComponentHasNoStatus
reason: oozie_client.py:47:status:ClientComponentHasNoStatus

for each services I see something like

backtrace: :infra_solr_client.py:50:status:ClientComponentHasNoStatus : :Traceback (most recent call last): : File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_INFRA_SOLR/= 0.1.0/package/scripts/infra_solr_client.py", line 60, in <module> : InfraSolrClient().execute() : File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/libraries/script= /script.py", line 353, in execute : method(env) : File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_INFRA_SOLR/= 0.1.0/package/scripts/infra_solr_client.py", line 50, in status : raise ClientComponentHasNoStatus() :ClientComponentHasNoStatus : :Local variables in innermost frame: :self: <__main__.InfraSolrClient object at 0x7f76847c74d0> :env: <resource_management.core.environment.Environment object at 0x7f7=

what can I check ?

2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

Hi Oleskii ! I have the same messages. Did you find the solution ?

Explorer

The alerts suggest some issue with the client packages. These alerts are being sent as e-mail due to "abrtd", which allows the μReports to be sent automatically, without user interaction.

A quick hack could be to turn off the "abrtd", but this will not be the resolution of the issue. This action will only suppress the alerting.

service abrtd stop

chkconfig abrtd off

To resolve these alerts, I would suggest to check the "/var/log/messages" for the ambari issues. For example :

grep "ambari\|exception\|_client" /var/log/messages

You can troubleshoot the root cause based on the logs.

Take a Tour of the Community
Don't have an account?
Your experience may be limited. Sign in to explore more.