Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP Sandbox virtualbox Hive metastore error

HDP Sandbox virtualbox Hive metastore error

New Contributor

I have a HDP 2.3.2 sandbox running on oracle virtual box and i keep getting this alert in ambari

Hive Metastore on localhost.localdomain failed

Here is the error from ambari server logs

ExecuteTimeoutException: Execution of 'ambari-sudo.sh su ambari-qa -l -s /bin/bash -c 'export  PATH='"'"'/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/lib/ambari-server/*:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/var/lib/ambari-agent:/bin/:/usr/bin/:/usr/sbin/:/usr/hdp/current/hive-metastore/bin'"'"' ; export HIVE_CONF_DIR='"'"'/usr/hdp/current/hive-metastore/conf/conf.server'"'"' ; hive --hiveconf hive.metastore.uris=thrift://localhost.localdomain:9083                 --hiveconf hive.metastore.client.connect.retry.delay=1                 --hiveconf hive.metastore.failure.retries=1                 --hiveconf hive.metastore.connect.retries=1                 --hiveconf hive.metastore.client.socket.timeout=14                 --hiveconf hive.execution.engine=mr -e '"'"'show databases;'"'"''' was killed due timeout after 60 seconds
)

Any idea how this could be resolved?? I am assuming this has to do something with the way Oracle Virtualbox is setup for HDP.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: HDP Sandbox virtualbox Hive metastore error

I'm assuming that you are just starting up with 2.3.2 sandbox and if so, I'd recommend you pull down 2.4 and give the VirtualBox instructions a try. I'm doubtful that the error above is related to VirtualBox as a problem on that front would likely be much more catastrophic. I've had no trouble running Hive on either the 2.3.2 or 2.4 sandbox instances, so please try the latest and report back if this problem still exists. Thx!!

Highlighted

@Chakra

I had the same issue because of lack of resources in my machine "memory and CPU"

New Contributor

I have the same problem.

I found my task loading is too heavy, load averages are over 40...

When I turn off some service, these two alert all missing.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here