Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP cluster daily health report

Highlighted

HDP cluster daily health report

Hello,

I would like to check daily HDP cluster status and go through each components and send out the report to our group. What is the best way do it? Is there a command line script I can use?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: HDP cluster daily health report

@Anpan K I think ambari API can be useful here. Try using the API command:

http://ambari:8080/api/v1/clusters/<cluster_name>?fields=Clusters/health_report

HTH

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.

Highlighted

@Anpan K More detailed information for per service/component level status on the following link:

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/156898/%D7%99%D7%9D-to-capture-all-ambari-servicescompon...

Highlighted

Thank you very much and it is really helpful. How can I find the status for each service? Any other commands like this?

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Anpan K

You can make use fo Ambari API call to findout all the component status using a single API call. "INSTALLED" means not running and "STARTED" means running state for the components. For Client conponents like HDFS_CLIENT/HIVE_CLIENT ...etc we will always see "INSTALLED" state.

Example:

# curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -X GET http://myambariserver.example.com:8080/api/v1/clusters/TestCluster/components?fields=ServiceComponen... | grep -A 2 component_name | awk '{print $NF}' > /tmp/requests_details.txt; sed -e '1,2d' -e s'/--//g'  -e 's/\n//g' -e 's/"//g' -e '/^$/d' /tmp/requests_details.txt | awk 'NR%3{printf "%s ",$0;next;}1' 

Example Output:

STARTED DATANODE, HDFS,
STARTED DATANODE, hdfcluster1.example.com,
STARTED DATANODE, hdfcluster2.example.com,
STARTED DATANODE, hdfcluster3.example.com,
STARTED DATANODE, hdfcluster4.example.com,
STARTED DRPC_SERVER, STORM,
STARTED HBASE_MASTER, hdfcluster4.example.com,
STARTED HBASE_REGIONSERVER, HBASE,
STARTED HBASE_REGIONSERVER, hdfcluster3.example.com,
STARTED HBASE_REGIONSERVER, hdfcluster4.example.com,
STARTED HCAT, HIVE,
STARTED HISTORYSERVER, hdfcluster2.example.com,
STARTED HIVE_CLIENT, HIVE,
STARTED HIVE_METASTORE, hdfcluster3.example.com,
STARTED HIVE_SERVER, HIVE,
STARTED HIVE_SERVER, hdfcluster3.example.com,
STARTED HIVE_SERVER_INTERACTIVE, HIVE,
STARTED HIVE_SERVER_INTERACTIVE, hdfcluster2.example.com,
STARTED HST_AGENT, hdfcluster1.example.com,
STARTED HST_SERVER, hdfcluster1.example.com,
STARTED INFRA_SOLR, hdfcluster4.example.com,
STARTED INFRA_SOLR_CLIENT, AMBARI_INFRA,
STARTED NAMENODE, HDFS,
STARTED NAMENODE, hdfcluster1.example.com,
STARTED NAMENODE, hdfcluster2.example.com,
STARTED RESOURCEMANAGER, hdfcluster2.example.com,
STARTED RESOURCEMANAGER, hdfcluster3.example.com,
STARTED SECONDARY_NAMENODE, HDFS,

In the above API call you will need to make the changes for the following values:

1. TestCluster : Replace this with your own cluster name.

2. admin:admin : Replace this with your own ambari admin username:password.

3. http://myambariserver.example.com:8080 Replace this URL with your own ambari server URL.

Highlighted

Thank you and it is really helpful. The funny thing is in command line it shows as started, but in ambari gui it shows as down. I can see pid ID for /var/run/smartsense-activity-analyzer/activity-analyzer.pid

How does it check the status ? using /var/run/xxx/pid ?

Highlighted

I can see the health report, but not sure which one is unhealthy. how do I check?

"health_report" : { "Host/stale_config" : 0, "Host/maintenance_state" : 13, "Host/host_state/HEALTHY" : 13, "Host/host_state/UNHEALTHY" : 0, "Host/host_state/HEARTBEAT_LOST" : 0, "Host/host_state/INIT" : 0, "Host/host_status/HEALTHY" : 12, "Host/host_status/UNHEALTHY" : 1, "Host/host_status/UNKNOWN" : 0, "Host/host_status/ALERT" : 0

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here