Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP creates broken symlinks

Highlighted

HDP creates broken symlinks

Explorer

cuserspfctic2desktopcaptura.png

Hi everyone!

I am trying to install HDP with Ambari, but I have the next problem: on step 9 (install, start and test) in the installation wizard, it creates broken symlinks into the folder "/usr/hdp/current". They point to different folders into directory "/usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245" but those folders aren't there.

What is happening? How can I solve it?

Thank you so much!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: HDP creates broken symlinks

Super Collaborator

This is expected behavior. When we run hdp-select set all <version>, it creates all of the known links in /usr/hdp/current. If you don't have a particular service or component installed, the link will simply be broken. It won't affect anything and you can still install those components later on.

Highlighted

Explorer

Thank you for the answer Jonathan! The problem is that in the step 9, the process finishes with failures when it tries to install "slider-client" component, because the directory is not created in the /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245" path, and it don't let me continue...

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

Can you post the error you get during the slider client install? Seems like the RPM isn't correctly creating the directory.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@pfctic2 pfctic2, @Rishit shah, @Jonathan Hurley, @Neeraj Sabharwal

i'm getting the same error(symlink broken) on installing the slider-client... any ideas on how to fix the issue ?

Pls. let me know.

thnx.

Highlighted

Rising Star

@pfctic2 pfctic2

how did you resolve your issue as i am facing same problem with slider-client ?

would be helpful if you can suggest way forward.

thanks,

RIshit Shah

Super Collaborator

Can you post any information about the version of Ambari and the exact error you're getting? I've tried the steps outlined here, but it seems to be able to install slider-client just fine for me.

After a minimal cluster install the following symlink exists but is broken:

slider-client -> /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1237/slider

However, after installing Slider, the link is correct. You can always use the hdp-select command to manually set the link to a specific verison. Such as

hdp-select set slider-client 2.5.0.0-1237

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

Can you post any information about the version of Ambari and the exact error you're getting? I've tried the steps outlined here, but it seems to be able to install slider-client just fine for me.

After a minimal cluster install the following symlink exists but is broken:

slider-client -> /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1237/slider

However, after installing Slider, the link is correct. You can always use the hdp-select command to manually set the link to a specific verison. Such as

hdp-select set slider-client 2.5.0.0-1237

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here