Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP on Docker (Windows 10)

Highlighted

HDP on Docker (Windows 10)

New Contributor

After some time I was able to get both Docker and HDP running on my windows 10 machine. I'm going through the tutorials and I am trying to start the Hive one. My issue is that when I try to go to the Hive View it tells me that Service ATS Check Failed.

In powershell I see that it always says that it is waiting for Ambari agent to connect though I do have the ability to connect to all three ports on localhost.

When I notice that the service ats check failed, I look at Hive and I see that it says it is stopped. When I go to start it, I see that most of the services are not running and in fact it may be that they are all still starting. If I go to start anything at this point it will begin starting that service but within a minute or so I will lose access to localhost:8080. At this point, the only way to get access back is to restart the entire process from the beginning.

Really trying to get some experience on Hive but so far I have spent my free time trying to get this setup. I'm willing to put in the time if I can find how to proceed.

Thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Re: HDP on Docker (Windows 10)

Mentor

@Thomas Carlough

Are you running a dockerized HDP?

Usually, the Sandbox HDP components are supposed to work out of the box because they have been rigorously tested.

You are better off using putty the powershell.

Can you paste the exact service "ats check failed error" maybe a screenshot? Your problem looks connectivity, how have you mapped the Ambari port 8080 to your host machine.

The localhost looks a bad entry in your host machine.

Please have a look at this document sandbox learning rope to help you in the network configuration

New Contributor

Accidently replied as an answer to your request. See my response.

New Contributor

This is the error:

error.png

The powershell also seems to always say waiting for services to start:

waiting.png

Edited host file:

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
10.0.75.1 localhost sandbox.hortonworks.com sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com sandbox-hdf.hortonworks.com

Note I can connect to Ambari initially

New Contributor

I solved it! This was a very misleading error, the docker container did not have enough memory! I upped it to 8 GB as was recommended in the intro and it worked.

Mentor

@Thomas Carlough

Cool that it worked out for you, you could as well then close the thread.