Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

HDP on Hybrid Cloud

HDP on Hybrid Cloud

Contributor

My question is very similar to this but may not be the same,

1. Is it possible to deploy HDP on premise using CloudBreak?

2. With CloudBreak and periscope integrated, is it possible to auto scale from on-premise to public cloud (AWS, Azure)? i.e. Can more nodes from cloud be added to the on-premise cluster based on some metrics?

3. Is the above possible on VPC (AWS) and Virtual Network (Azure)?

4. What are the hybrid options available for HDP?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: HDP on Hybrid Cloud

Expert Contributor

Hi @learninghuman

Are you using Openstack to control your on premise nodes? Because If not then there is not so much option for you currently.

Br,

R

Contributor

@rdoktorics No OpenStack yet. I will take look. So you are saying that

1) Its not possible to deploy HDP on-premise unless its done via OpenStack

2) With OpenStack on-premise it can auto scale to cloud (add nodes from cloud to the existing on-prem cluster)

3) same as 2

Expert Contributor

@learninghuman

1.) That's Not true. You can not deploy HDP with Cloudbreak on-premise.

2.) We have some hybrid solution in Cloudbreak like shared metastores between clusters ..etc. but currently there is no solution where you have nodes for example on Azure and on AWS and these nodes are in the same cluster.

Contributor

@rdoktorics 1. yes thats what i meant. One cannot.

2. i thought from your initial answer that if on-premise is managed by OpenStack then you can scale to Cloud based on some metrics (periscope helps). So can i take it as - even with cloudbreak + openstack + on-premise, it cannot scale to cloud but it can scale only within the on-prem openstack cloud. same is the case if you deploy HDP to cloud. So across on-prem and cloud not possbile but within on-prem and cloud possible.