Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP2.5 hive cli error...

Highlighted

HDP2.5 hive cli error...

I am getting below error when invoke hive cli on HDP2.5 sandbox.

Logging initialized using configuration in file:/etc/hive/2.5.0.0-1245/0/hive-log4j.properties
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Previous writer likely failed to write hdfs://mycluster.com:8020/tmp/hive/mukesh/_tez_session_dir/bd52d4e4-e5f3-4dfa-b521-31a560fc78ef/hive-hcatalog-core.jar. Failing because I am unlikely to write too.
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:536)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:680)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:624)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.run(RunJar.java:233)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:148)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Previous writer likely failed to write hdfs://mycluster.com:8020/tmp/hive/mukesh/_tez_session_dir/bd52d4e4-e5f3-4dfa-b521-31a560fc78ef/hive-hcatalog-core.jar. Failing because I am unlikely to write too.
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.DagUtils.localizeResource(DagUtils.java:985)

Please help me with solution...

1 REPLY 1

Re: HDP2.5 hive cli error...

Super Guru

@Mukesh Kumar can you confirm you are getting this error using beeline?