Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP2.6 SAndbox Zeppelin tutorial cant interpret spark

Highlighted

HDP2.6 SAndbox Zeppelin tutorial cant interpret spark

Explorer

Spark Core (RDDs) and Spark SQL Module

That is the name of the Zeppelin tutorial gotten via

http://127.0.0.1:9995/#/notebook/2CAX5JCTA (Python 101 -Intro to Spark)

I cant seem to get the spark interpreter to work and apparently sometimes the sh.

Please view the notebook. How to remedy?

selection-004.png

15233-selection-003.png

Why is this section not working... what does interpreter not found mean?

Thanks, john

6 REPLIES 6

Re: HDP2.6 SAndbox Zeppelin tutorial cant interpret spark

Hi @John Cleveland,

Usually this is a result of not clicking the Save button under the 'Interpreter Binding' section when you open the notebook for the first time.

Check this in the Interpreter Settings using setting icon on upper right corner of the notebook and make sure both spark and the shell Interpreter are selected.

15238-interpreter-binding.png

Highlighted

@John Cleveland

As @Ward Bekker mentioned - this mainly means the interpreter is not binding through the notebook.

To get the interpreter selected, you need to click on it to get it blue highlighted and press the Save button.

If you do not have shell interpreter under "Interpreter Binding" - this looks like it has been removed under Zeppelin UI -> Interpreter config.

If that does not help, review the zeppelin-zeppelin-<host>.log file under /var/log/zeppelin folder in zeppelin node.

Highlighted

Explorer

I remember seeing the screen above when I first started using this tutorial (listing the various interpreters with the option to save or not). However, it does not appear now. There is no Interpreter Binding. There is now only Interpreter in the top right corner.

However using this option I was able to restart both the interpreters and it appears to be working ...

Highlighted

@John Cleveland

I am glad to hear it is working for you now !!!

If you believe my post was of help, please accept it.

Highlighted

Explorer

I am not quite sure of the difference between accepting an answer and rewarding with points. I have awarded some points mainly because the post was helpful in guiding me to the correct solution. However, it was not quite an answer because I think that the interface for Zeppelin may have changed. Hence the implementation of the solution (how one gets an interpreter to function in a given notebook) is different.

Can one accept more than one response? I can award more points.

Highlighted

@John Cleveland

For a specific HCC you can accept only one post but give points to many

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here