Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDPCA Practice Exam VM not able to connect

Expert Contributor

Hi Gurus,

Following the Hortonworks documentation : https://2xbbhjxc6wk3v21p62t8n4d4-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/HDPCA-PracticeEx.... I selected HDCPA IMI., C3.4x instnace type, Created a security group with incoming traffic from all the addresses on port 5901, 9999, and 8888 (last two are not in documentation but wanted to make sure my instance runs ).

Ok Now, as per the instruction I am trying to connect to the instance using VNC viewer. I copy paste the DNS name/IP from the intance's public DNS/IP columns. And use DNSName:5091 or DNSName:9999 or IP:5901 etc.

Open Ports for Incoming Traffic

88880.0.0.0/0, ::/0tcp
99990.0.0.0/0, ::/0tcp
220.0.0.0/0, ::/0tcp
59010.0.0.0/0, ::/0tcp

It does not work. Every time I see Cannot establish connection. Are you sure you have entered the correct network address, and port number if necessary?

14763-did-not-connect2.png

14762-trying-to-login.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Well, this worked "As is" in North Virginia region. ! Earlier I was using a different region.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star

-Create custom Configure Security Group

-Create a Private Key File, as per the document and download to local desktop which going to use VNC client application connect to EC2 instance.

-use public DNS name of your EC2 instance after you install the VNC client application

Expert Contributor

Well, this worked "As is" in North Virginia region. ! Earlier I was using a different region.