Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

HDPCA practise exam issue

HDPCA practise exam issue

Contributor

While working on practice exam for HDPCA task 2 : Commission a New Node

1. Add node1 to the horton cluster, given the following details:
    • The required SSH private key is located in the file id_rsa found in the /home/horton/Desktop folder
    • Install the DataNode, NodeManager, and Client services on node1

Host check has 2 warning, Firewall is running and ntp service is not running on node1.

I am getting below erroe when I tried to fix the issue manually.

[root@node1 ~]# service iptables stop iptables: Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: nat filter [ OK ] iptables: Flushing firewall rules: [ OK ] iptables: Unloading modules: iptable_nat iptable_filter iptable_nat iptable_filter ip_tables [FAILED]

root@node1 ~]# chkconfig iptables off

[root@node1 ~]# service ntpd start Starting ntpd: ntpd: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied [FAILED]

Please advise.

Thank you,

Sachin A

3 REPLIES 3

Re: HDPCA practise exam issue

Contributor

Any update?

Contributor
@Sachin Ambardekar

[root@node1 ~]# service ntpd start Starting ntpd: ntpd: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied [FAILED]

I believe this is due to docker vm machines(5 docker machines) sharing the single AWS machine.

Did you tried to start ntpd in other machines like node2. I hope you will get the error there as well. If you get the error in the other machines too, you can safely ignore it.

Cloudera Employee

When I try on the HDPCA practice exam image, I get the same issue.

And I have check the other node like node2, when use

service ntpd start
Starting ntpd: ntpd: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
                                                           [FAILED]

It will get the same error.

So, just ignore it.