Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDPCD Certification Exam Issue - Jan 2018

Highlighted

HDPCD Certification Exam Issue - Jan 2018

New Contributor

@Certification Team/ @William Gonzalez ,

Dated: - 01/06/2018, I have given HDPCD Certification exam and I am very disappointed with Exam Environment. During my exam, I faced issues, which are listed below.

1. First 20 minutes my exam screen was getting disconnected (Connection Error, No Response) and it took nearly 35 minutes to resolve this. However, proctor gave additional 20 minutes only and keep on telling me that I am talking to Hortonworksand they are not responding.
  2. I was trying to write commands in Pig Grunt Shell for a Task, it was continuously throwing error “Connection Refused” even I ran ./Start-up shell script to get all environment ready.
  3. I informed my proctor about this issue of environment but he is also not able to help and he asked me to send feedback back to Hortonworks. So, this is it.
  4. Somehow I started the writing code for 1st task and in between screen got hanged, after talking to proctor, he told me to refresh the browser and reset console, which again wasted my time by rewriting same code.
  5. Overall I had a stressful experience and it is total waste of my money because even though the tasks were so easy, the exam environment is not at all supportive. I have requested Horton works to re-conduct my exam (with proper environment) OR Refund my 250$ (which is huge amount for me).
  6. Also, proctor took more than 20 mins to examine my details and room.
  7. I don’t understand why Hortonworks is not having exam centers (allowing in prometric test center)
  8. I don't have hopes on my result as some tasks are completed, but Hortonworks should take care of this issues.

Thanks,

Sam

11 REPLIES 11

Re: HDPCD Certification Exam Issue - Jan 2018

New Contributor

@Certification Team,

When can I expect your response? Also my result is not yet declare.

Thanks,

Sam

New Contributor

I had the same experience with the VM when I took the exam on Dec 21 2017. Certification support agreed to provide me the exam credit, but even after 20 days I am still waiting for the credit. No one bother to reply when I contact them everyday.

New Contributor

Hi Suresh, Did you got any updates? I am till waiting for result

Thanks,

Sam

New Contributor

I haven't continued the exam. After 40 minutes the Monitor and I agreed not to continue because the VM was unresponsive.

I am waiting or the exam-credit to attempt the exam again.

New Contributor

Can you send me test email on samadhanspatil@gmail.com , lets talk offline.

New Contributor

@Certification Team

Hi,

I took HDPCD Certification exam and I am very disappointed with Exam Environment. Its simply horrible. First 40-50 minutes gone to resolve the issues related to disconnection / exam was loading partially. Proctor tried to help but I am sure if the environment itself is screwed up, nothing much he can do. Typing a sentence having time lag. While deleting from a line due to lag always deleted more. There were multiple disconnections and every time I pinged to proctor. Writing, Copying and pasting code to different windows has lag. If you execute a code, it takes time to go over the logs to see if code has completed successfully. It clearly says we can use documentation while writing exams but accessing them is another big mistake. Takes ages to find what you want. It was stressful experience and it is total waste of my money because even though the tasks were so easy, the exam environment is not at all. I believe those tasks I can finish in one hour on my laptop. While taking you should be very relaxed but the environment makes you fully stressed. Please arrange retake or exam or refund my money. Thanks Dheerendra

New Contributor

Yeah the certification environment entirely is horrible.

New Contributor

I took the exam today and faced the same problems as above.About one and half hour the environment was very slow and unresponsive.The connection stopped many times I asked the proctor to cancel the exam .He said hortonworks is not responding, and my computer passed all the test . He did not give extra time as well. Have you all received the refund?Please reply .Its very stressful and my money and time is wasted .

@certification team please refund my money. Totally disappointing of you to blame the candidates rather than correcting your environment.

New Contributor

One of the worst experiences I've ever had, an extremely SLOW environment. The proctor did not help and suggested that I contact Hortonworks after the exam. It literally took 20 seconds every time I typed a character. I have requested the certification team to refund my money and I'm hoping to hear back from them. There is not even a customer support line setup to handle grievances with respect to the exam itself, very unprofessional. @William Gonzalez

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here