Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDPCD Exam Issues

Contributor

I have recently took my hdpcd exam. I have faced so many issues. The exam screen in the chrome browser was very small that i can barely read anything. I have to adjust the text size of the browser and i had a 30 mbps line but i still had a lag. I had the pasting problem in pig. As a result i got only time to attempt only 5 questions. i had a very bad time taking the exam. I have failed the exam. Is there any chance for getting credit to retake the exam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @R c,

The exam is handled by PSI Services / Innovative Exams so you need to contact them. You can contact them at examsupport@examslocal.com, or call +1-888-504-9178, +1-312-612-1049.

/Best regards, Mats

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69

Super Collaborator

Hi @R c,

The exam is handled by PSI Services / Innovative Exams so you need to contact them. You can contact them at examsupport@examslocal.com, or call +1-888-504-9178, +1-312-612-1049.

/Best regards, Mats

Explorer

Hi,

I have recently took my exam HDPCD and i am trying to reach certifications at Hortonworks via email and I have not got any response. Can anyone help me in getting a response for my email ? I send this morning an email at certification@hortonworks.com .

Confirmation Code:CE2-875
Candidate Id:5045761089

Master Mentor

WOW thats interesting but when you can PSI they blame The hortonworks team saying its the "sponsor" responsible this is quite annoying and discouraging

New Contributor

HI Mats,

I faced the same issue and failed , in the second attempt i have attempted all questions with 6 questions perfectly answered .I have checked the output even before i left which is producing accurate output.

I mailed the respective id certification@hortonworks.com many times requesting to revalidate , i called to the given customer care number . there is no response either . i spent money twice , attempted very well still there is no response .

Can you please guide me how to contact the hortonwork team for revalidation as i m 100% sure that i will pass the exam.

Thanks,

Naresh Yalla

Are there more such cases? I am now afraid to attempt this exam...is the correct output not enough for passing exam?

Contributor

There are issue but you can overcome them with some tips:

1. The main problem in the exam is the text size. I suggest you to get good resolution monitor. Get Familiar with how to increase the text size in the browser and terminal. To increase the size of text in the browser use ctrl + or go to the options button on the right corner of the browser and look for zoom option. For increasing the text size in Terminal you have to look in the terminal options to do that. i don't remember this. If you can do this you are good to go.

2. Write scripts in the files and execute them rather than executing everything in the shell line by line.

3. while you execute one script start writing the next script. open terminal with multiple tabs and dont close the tabs until you get the right output.

I didn't clear the exam which I wrote on 1/28/2017.

1 .I felt time crunch ( i cant say whether it my lack of speed or is the time sufficient for everyone?)

2. I wish more details are shared for the results. e.g. task 1 - failed, task 2- passed etc. At least it helps me understand which area i need to work on. I have emailed them awaiting response.

3. It will be good have a count down timer and 5 minutes at least to familiarize with the environment or

the practice exam should be a look alike of the real exam environment.

@rich can you share you thoughts on HDPCD ?

@Lester Martin I am trying to reach certifications at Hortonworks regarding my HDPCD via email .I am not getting a response. Can you please help in getting a response for my email ? Request #4062