Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDPCD Exam Issues

Contributor

I have recently took my hdpcd exam. I have faced so many issues. The exam screen in the chrome browser was very small that i can barely read anything. I have to adjust the text size of the browser and i had a 30 mbps line but i still had a lag. I had the pasting problem in pig. As a result i got only time to attempt only 5 questions. i had a very bad time taking the exam. I have failed the exam. Is there any chance for getting credit to retake the exam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @R c,

The exam is handled by PSI Services / Innovative Exams so you need to contact them. You can contact them at examsupport@examslocal.com, or call +1-888-504-9178, +1-312-612-1049.

/Best regards, Mats

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69

Hi everyone,

Talking about my experiences, I can't say that they were good.

I've attempted twice the Spark certification exam and both times were infuriating.

My first go at it, was not even my first. Basically, just at the beginning of it the Live Monitor mentioned that there was a severe server disruption, that I had been going on like that for the whole day and that I probably couldn't take my test that day. Which was the case. After that I've contacted hortonworks which happily gave me credits to attempt the exam once again.

The second time was yesterday and again, not a pleasant experience. This time I could access to the machine I was going to do the exam over. So far, so good. Went through the exercises and started hdfs to check the files that I was going to be working with. Too bad, HDFS was not working at all. Couldn't do much with spark-shell either. One is supposed to have access to a node through ssh but that didn't work at all. There is another script which goes by the name start-all-services.sh, or something similar, which is supposed to help you if there is any issues with your machine. Nope, not really. As part of the exam instructions, they encourage you to speak with your proctor if you face any issues but all that he/she could do is send a report to hortonworks about that.

Having said all that, I still tried to complete the exam which means you need to fill these seven text files with something you hope is going to have no typos and has the correct assumptions about the files provided (like "I hope this csv does have headers")

Other than that, the exercises are quite straightforward and you got plenty of time to complete the test.

Rising Star

Hi Victor, we apologize for any issues you encountered during your certification exam. Unfortunately we recently experienced proctor issues worldwide that interrupted exams for several days and caused a lot of problems to occur, and as you mentioned, we issued credits to candidates to allow them retake the exam.

We definitely appreciate your feedback, and rest assured that we are aware of some of the issues that arise during the examination process. We are currently working on changes to improve the certification exams. Our goal is to get this done very soon so that we can provide a smooth and optimal experience for all candidates.

Thank you again for your feedback, and once again our apologies for any issues you encountered during the examination process.

Hi,

In case I need to retake the exam once more, is there any way to know when is going to be a good moment to tackle it? I don't want to go through this again.

Thanks.

I finally managed to complete the exam. No issues at all this time and didn't need to pay any of the times I retried.

New Contributor

Dear Sir/Madam,

When can I expect to receive my HDPCD Exam result as it's been quite a while since I appeared in the exam.

My Request number is 5114 .

I would greatly appreciate your kind support in this matter.

Thanks and Regards, Hasan

Explorer

Dear hortonworks team,I took an exam today morning .It was very frustrating experince with proctor .Last time I attempted hdpcd spark exam and I could experience that we should have good resolution monitor plugged in for better view.I did send emmail to certification@hortonworks team and they confirmed me saying yes yoou cab use extra monitor for better resolution.Today I was well set and it was 2:00 am in the night.exam started and suddenly proctor paused my exam saying you are using two computers..I did move the camera around the room there was nothing besides extra monitor.He didnt listen and asked me to close all the chrome session in between ...it didnt stop there , I was asked to shutdown my machine and when I relogin he finally asked me to remove the desktop monitor otherwise he said I cant launch the exam..It ate up all my time and couldnt focus on the task and had to remove my monitor..I could barely visualizae text on my lapton screen..even i was well prepared I couldnt attempt the passing questions even. For last 15 minutes suddenly exam got hang , I told to live monitor and followed his instructions to refresh the exam window ..nothing helped and after 10 minutes proctor said exam cannot be relaunched..you may contact hortonworks certification team for filing any petition if you receive failing grade..team request you to look into this..its very difficult when someone prepares for months and finally such things happen at exam time

Gokul, this forum is for technical advise on HDP components, not to address specific exam issues. To better handle your exam issue we ask that you send this request to certification@hortonworks.com. Thank you.

Explorer

@William Gonzalez-Request you to look into this matter as I did receive confirmation from support team or additional monitor , that you had confirmed and finally exam got hanged and I lost my crucial 15 minutes

Gokul, this forum is for technical advise on HDP components, not to address specific exam issues. To better handle your exam issue we ask that you send this request to certification@hortonworks.com. Thank you.

New Contributor

Hi, I am trying to reach certifications at Hortonworks via email, Anyone can help me in getting a response for my email, Request # 5678. I will be very grateful