Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDPCD Exam Issues

Contributor

I have recently took my hdpcd exam. I have faced so many issues. The exam screen in the chrome browser was very small that i can barely read anything. I have to adjust the text size of the browser and i had a 30 mbps line but i still had a lag. I had the pasting problem in pig. As a result i got only time to attempt only 5 questions. i had a very bad time taking the exam. I have failed the exam. Is there any chance for getting credit to retake the exam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @R c,

The exam is handled by PSI Services / Innovative Exams so you need to contact them. You can contact them at examsupport@examslocal.com, or call +1-888-504-9178, +1-312-612-1049.

/Best regards, Mats

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69

Explorer

Hi, I am trying to reach certifications at Hortonworks via email, Anyone can help me in getting a response for my email, Request # 10135. I will be very grateful

New Contributor

HI i have appeared in HPCD exam yesterday, but due to unstable environment i could not even start my exam, the person monitoring the exam and me troubleshooted for almost 2 hours but there was no luck, at the end he/she shared an email address to report this issue, so i dropped an email right away to

certification@hortonworks.com

My issue id is 10355

Since last night i got no feedback on this.

Please advise

Regards

Muhammad Ramzan

HI, i tried an exam yesterday, the environment was very unstable, the person monitoring the exam did not knew much about the things, i spend almost 2 hours with him/her but the exam even did not started, at the end all i got is an email address, i have dropped an email yesterday to

certification@hortonworks.com

My issue id is 10355 but till now did not get any response on that.

Can anyone please advise.

Regards

Muhammad Ramzan

Contributor

Hi,

I had scheduled my HDPCD exam on 10th Jan 2018. I was facing issues, as a result of which I could not start the exam at all. All prerequisites of hardware/software and network speed compliance (as specified by you ) were in place. PSI proctor confirmed the same. The proctor also asked me to try out multiple things, but nothing worked. This went on for 2 hours. I was not able to see the HortonWorks VM desktop. The error said " server IP address not found". PSI has not been able to resolve this issue.

I have sent an email to certification@hortonworks.com 4 days ago, but still no response. I did not expect such things from them. My request id is 10287. Please advise what to do. There is no other way to contact them or get support. I want to take my exam ASAP.

Thanks,

Prachi

New Contributor

Hi

I had a exam last weekend. During the exam Hive doesn't work at all. I tried to restart it with Ambari without any succes. It seems there was a trouble with the mysql instance.

Without Hive a can't lunch the tasks concernd by hive. However i wrote the scripts.

I allready send an email to certification@hortonworks.com.

My request id is 10942.

Thanks

Loic

Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to reach certifications at Hortonworks via email and I have not got any response since last Friday. Can anyone help me in getting a response for my email ? I send this morning an email at certification@hortonworks.com .

Confirmation Code:CE2-875
Candidate Id:5045761089

Rising Star

Amadou, we apologize for the delay and have responded to your email from this morning. Again, apologies for the delayed response.

New Contributor

Even I am trying for this exam!!

Regards,

Selenium Training in Chennai

New Contributor

Hi,

I had an extremely bad experience trying to give the HDPCD Spark exam today and could not even start the exam until 12:30.

My exam was scheduled at 10am.

I logged into the exam at 9:45 am. There was no Launch exam button until 9:50. I had done the compatibility test before and it had passed. I had taken care of the additional requirements below. Tried with two laptops, but still the exam could not be released. .

My monitor resolution was 1600X900 and bandwidth was much more than 20mbps.

I used two laptops. On one laptop, the camera worked on the mictest but not with examslocal. Prior to the exam the camera works, but not with examslocal. Since the exam was not released at all, please re-schedule the exam to a later date.

I am exhausted emotionally and physically for the last 3 hours and the exam could not be released.

It was an extremely bad experience, I do not know how this can be changed for people just trying to appear for an exam.

There must be some option, where the candidate shows up, spend 3 hours with 2 laptops to appear for the exam. Passes the compatibility tests before, and still could not give the exam, considering the exam fee to be 250 USD, and the amount of mental and physical exhaustion that a candidate goes through.
I request hortonworks to give me credits so that I can re-take the exam. And how can this entire situation be improved so that no one suffers so much just to start the exam.

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 8:13 AM, Do_Not_Reply <Do_Not_Reply@innovativexams.com> wrote:

CONFIRMATIONTanu Sood,

Thank you for registering for an exam with PSI.
Your registration information is as follows:

Exam Sponsor:Hortonworks
Exam:HDP Certified Developer: Spark
Exam Code:HDPCD:Spark
Total Amount:
Scheduled Date:February 17, 2018
Scheduled Time:10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
Confirmation Code:

New Contributor

Very useful information shared by you people

Angularjs training in Chennai

New Contributor

Hi,

My Candidate ID is 3478340286. I've been trying to give Hortonworks HDPCD exam for last 3 weeks but each time due to one or other technical issues from your side, I'm not able to complete it. As suggested by hortonworks certification support team earlier, I've scheduled my third attempt for the exam today 7AM-9AM IST (7th March 2018) but did not help. Today also, services required for the exam were not running and even after multiple attempts, did not start (YARN, MapReduce2, HIVE, PIG). Due to this, I couldn't even attempt one question as there was no connectivity to hadoop. Below are my attempt details with issues observed:

First Attempt: Confirmation Code: CE3-49E Date/Time: 2/22/2018 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM - India Standard Time Issues Observed: Exam Window was not loading. Proctor cancelled exam.

Second Attempt: Confirmation Code: 018-A56 Date/Time: 2/24/2018 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM - India Standard Time Issues Observed: HIVE services were not starting. Proctor cancelled exam.

Third Attempt: Confirmation Code: 9B1-8A6 Date/Time: 3/7/2018 07:00 AM - 09:00 AM - India Standard Time Issues Observed: All required services were down and not started even after multiple attempts to start (YARN, MapReduce2, HIVE, PIG). Proctor asked me to end the exam and told me to send mail. Proctor submitted report as well.

This kind of experience is not expected from HortonWorks kind of international certification. I've already lost my productive hours of last 3 weeks for the exam. Looks like, it is going to be never ending process. My request ID id 11809. Please help asap.

Let me know if you need any detail from my side.

Thank You.

Regards,

Mayank Acharya