Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

HDPCD Practice Exam-Step 13-Unable to connect AWS via VNC viewer

Re: HDPCD Practice Exam-Step 13-Unable to connect AWS via VNC viewer

Guru

It's not the version of your VNC viewer that is the problem. You are having an issue with the port 5901 being blocked either by your laptop or the network that you are connecting to. You do not install VNC server - that is running on your EC2 instance already.

You can ignore my comments about ping. I am thinking that ping does not work out-of-the-box on EC2 instances for security reasons.

Highlighted

New Contributor

@Mayank Vinayaka As @Rich Raposa told you, it's not a problem of the VNC but only to answer at your question I'm using VNC inside of mobaXterm Personal Edition v8.6.

Highlighted

@Luca Natali @Rich Raposa Issue with VNC not getting connected is resolved. The actual issue was that I launched my AWS instance at Oregon (US West) location. Somehow it is not getting connected (looks like AWS issue). When I changed the region to N. Virginia (East), it got connected with the same setup. Just thought of letting you know. Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi @Mayank Vinayaka @rich @Luca Natali, I am into the same issue getting timed out error even after disabling all my system firewall. Below are my AWS EC2 details. Please help me anyone.

Public DNS (IPv4) ec2-34-201-104-120.compute-1.amazonaws.com
Instance state running
IPv4 Public IP 34.201.104.120

Hi @Mayank Vinayaka @rich @Luca NataliI am getting the same issue, getting timed out error both from office and home. Below are my AWS details. Can anybody help me out please.

Public DNS (IPv4) ec2-34-201-104-120.compute-1.amazonaws.com
Instance state running
IPv4 Public IP 34.201.104.120