Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDPCD Spark environment

New Contributor

Hello,

I'm planning to take the Spark certification and have a couple of questions:

1. What kind of IDE options are available during the exam for Scala? Eclipse,IntelliJ, Zeppelin?
  2. Can I somehow try out the environment before the exam (e.g. launching Java practice VM if it is similar)? Because I would prefer to get accustomed like shortcuts, keyboard layout etc.
  3. Is Spark documentation available during the exam? In the FAQ it is not listed. If yes can you please share the URL matching the spark version used during the exam?

Thank you,

Bence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

There is no IDE available on the Spark exam. You can use pyspark or spark-shell to execute your code.

You do NOT have access to google or the internet. You DO have access to the Spark doc pages, the Python and Scala doc pages, and the Hortonworks documentation as well.

There is currently no practice exam for the Spark exam. If you need experience writing Spark applications on HDP using Python or Scala, I recommend downloading the Sandbox and working through the Hortonworks Spark tutorials.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Guru

There is no IDE available on the Spark exam. You can use pyspark or spark-shell to execute your code.

You do NOT have access to google or the internet. You DO have access to the Spark doc pages, the Python and Scala doc pages, and the Hortonworks documentation as well.

There is currently no practice exam for the Spark exam. If you need experience writing Spark applications on HDP using Python or Scala, I recommend downloading the Sandbox and working through the Hortonworks Spark tutorials.