Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDPCD:Spark

HDPCD:Spark

New Contributor

Hi,

I have a question regarding the exam. If the question does not specify the output format (json, parquet, etc..), does it mean I can use any of the available options in spark? For example, would the output (which I will export via my Spark code) in hdfs "part0000-.....gz.parquet" be valid (assuming the data inside complies with the question conditions/criteria).

Also, may I used DataFrames & Spark SQL to process the datasets, instead of plain RDD if the question does not specify that as well?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: HDPCD:Spark

Guru

If the question does not state a format, then use text. However, the tasks are fairly specific as to how the data should be output, so make sure you follow the task instructions carefully.

Re: HDPCD:Spark

New Contributor

Hi @rich i am planning to take this exam next week . one of my friend took the exam last week he told tey are not specifying the o/p format. can you please clarify more about the output format .