Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HIVE LLAP Session Unable to write data on my datalake

HIVE LLAP Session Unable to write data on my datalake

New Contributor

Hi,

I am just trying to insert a record into a hive table using select statement ,LLAP session completes map and reduce phase quickly but after that my session hangs and doesn't pick next set of Sql for the execution . This is very strange scenario.

also sometimes i have observed when i am trying to create a table with LLAP session it hangs forever .

Please suggest me what wrong here ???

4 REPLIES 4

Re: HIVE LLAP Session Unable to write data on my datalake

@Avinash Kumar

Can you check /var/log/hive/hiveserver2Interactive.log for any issues?
Also, verify the query run from Hive interactive UI for Query progression.

Highlighted

@Avinash Kumar

Seems like some issue while loading the table from staging directory. Can you please share the table structure?

If it is a transactional/ACID table, then it is known issue that load wouldn't work as LLAP IO does not support ACID tables.

New Contributor

@Sindhu we are not using Transnational table , even in LLAP cluster i have disabled "ACID property".

My Table structure is

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS ABC ( `col1` String,`col2` Decimal(6,0),`col3` String ) ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\u0001' NULL DEFINED AS '' LOCATION 'adl://root.dummy.net/Avinash/abc'

New Contributor

I am doing InsertOverwite in this table . sometimes insertoverwrite works but sometimes it hangs, I am affriad with this inconsistency i will not be able to use LLAP in prodcution environment.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here