Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HMASTER Service not running

Highlighted

HMASTER Service not running

Rising Star

I have installed hbase in pseudomode.when i give the command start-hbase.sh ,before starting my hadoop cluster i'm able to see hmaster using JPS.but after starting hadoop using start-all.sh and doing jps it suddenly disappears while the other process are still running .below are the processes running :

20720 SecondaryNameNode 21027 NodeManager 20358 NameNode 20889 ResourceManager 20027 HRegionServer 21532 Jps 17788 HQuorumPeer

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: HMASTER Service not running

Might you include the log files for the services which stop running?

Highlighted

Rising Star

@Josh Elser

I can see 3 log file in my logs directory which one i can refer?? Even the timestamp is also almost same.

Highlighted

The one that is for the process which died (hbase-master).

Highlighted

if the log files are indexed, as log1 log2 and log. Select the file which doesn't have any index that is /hbase/logs/...master.log

In this file, you may check if the server connection is set properly or not with respect to zookeeper, It may throw you an error at server connection refused, you may find some solution here, http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused,

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here