Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HOW TO INSTALL AND CONFIGURE THE HORTONWORKS ODBC DRIVER ON WINDOWS 7

Rising Star

Hi @Rahul Pathak

I was trying to configure my HortonWorks ODBC Driver and i am getting below error.

5363-hortonworks-odbc-driver-set-up.png

5364-odbc-issue.png

am i missing anything in the set up ? btw i am not getting what is Delagation UserID here.

FYI, I logged in as root user and password:Training123@Ravi and output of my ifconfig is

5365-ifconfig.png

and I am refering the below link for configuring ODBC Driver and i am getting different set up window than what is available in link

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-to-install-and-configure-the-hortonworks-odbc-driver-on-w...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Interesting, I don't understand why you can't connect via beeline if the service is up and you can connect on this port. Can you please confirm that you can connect to Hive View via Ambari (and submit queries successfully)?

One thing to check is that the sandbox has enough resources to provide a YARN container for Hive. You can check the ResourceManager UI by navigating to http://192.168.228.128:8088 and seeing if the consumed memory/CPU is exceeding the resources of your cluster. You can also list what YARN apps are running by yarn application -list from the sandbox shell.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Rising Star

@slachterman Could you please help me with above question

@Ravikumar Kumashi are you able to connect using that host, port, and username using the hive command line client on the sandbox?

Rising Star

@slachterman how can we do it from command line, I mean what is the command i need to use in sandbox

beeline -u jdbc:hive2://192.168.228.128:10000/default

Is 192.168.228.128 the address you are using to reach the sandbox from your windows PC for other protocols, like SSH?

Super Guru

@Ravikumar Kumashi the documentation you followed looked far old and it is meant for odbc driver version 1.2.0.*, what authentication mechanism you are currently using with hiveserver2?

Rising Star

@Rajkumar Singh I new to Hortonworks, I am just trying to follow the tutorials given in the Hortonworks.I am using User Name as the Authentication mechanism, please see below

5366-hortonworks-odbc-driver-set-up.png

Do I need to follow different link or steps ?

Rising Star
@Rajkumar Singh

for username authentication there isn no Binary option, so i tried with Username and password authentication with Thrift Transport option as Binary and HTTP still getting below error

5398-test-results.png

Super Guru

can you check the following property value either from amabri or in hive-site.xml, it should be configured in any of the following option

NONE,KERBEROS,PAM,LDAP,CUSTOM

Rising Star

@Rajkumar Singh How to find the hive-site.xml path in HortonWorks Sandbox and how to see the these properties in hive-site.xml, sorry i am new to Hortonworks sandbox and my question might sounds silly