Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HOW TO INSTALL AND CONFIGURE THE HORTONWORKS ODBC DRIVER ON WINDOWS 7

Rising Star

Hi @Rahul Pathak

I was trying to configure my HortonWorks ODBC Driver and i am getting below error.

5363-hortonworks-odbc-driver-set-up.png

5364-odbc-issue.png

am i missing anything in the set up ? btw i am not getting what is Delagation UserID here.

FYI, I logged in as root user and password:Training123@Ravi and output of my ifconfig is

5365-ifconfig.png

and I am refering the below link for configuring ODBC Driver and i am getting different set up window than what is available in link

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-to-install-and-configure-the-hortonworks-odbc-driver-on-w...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Interesting, I don't understand why you can't connect via beeline if the service is up and you can connect on this port. Can you please confirm that you can connect to Hive View via Ambari (and submit queries successfully)?

One thing to check is that the sandbox has enough resources to provide a YARN container for Hive. You can check the ResourceManager UI by navigating to http://192.168.228.128:8088 and seeing if the consumed memory/CPU is exceeding the resources of your cluster. You can also list what YARN apps are running by yarn application -list from the sandbox shell.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Super Guru

/etc/hive/conf/

@Ravikumar Kumashi

Rising Star

Rising Star

If the hive.server2.authentication and hive.server2.enable.doAs property are set as below

5370-hive-server2-authentication.png

what should be the ODBC driver set up, I mean Host, port , database, authentication mehcanism, Delegation UID values.

5391-hive-odbc-driver-set-up.png

FYI i logged in to sandbox using root as user and output of ifconfig is as below

5392-ifconfig.png

Rising Star

@Rajkumar Singh Binary and HTTP

Rising Star

@Rajkumar Singh I tried with Binary and HTTP getting the error, please see below

5396-11111.png

I am thinking am i not giving the host, port, database and Delegation UID correct ?

Do i need to enable the sasl property in hive-site.xml

5397-sasl-disabled.png

Super Guru

what are the other options available in Thrift Transport while installing driver?

@Ravikumar Kumashi

Super Guru

@Ravikumar Kumashican you try with http or binary, if it helps

Super Guru

use authentication mechanism 'use name' and transport binary

@Ravikumar Kumashi

Rising Star
@Rajkumar Singh

I am thinking there might be some issue Hive ODBC driver set up why becuase when 'hive.metastore.sasl.enabled' was set to false in hive-site.xml i was getting below error

5400-odbc-issue.png

But when 'hive.metastore.sasl.enabled' was set to true in hive-site.xml i am getting below error

5401-sasl-enabled.png

In both case it is just vice versa if u observer the error message.

Is there something we can set it in hive ODBC driver config file to set SASL to true

Rising Star

@slachterman

Yes 192.168.228.128 is the adress i am using.

I used command line to connect to that host it is taking very long time, It is almost more than 30 minutes

5403-connecting.png

host-connection-thru-command-line.png