Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HOw to get GUI ?

HOw to get GUI ?

New Contributor

I am not able to get the GUI for my Hortonworks like the way I get for Cloudera VM . Can someone help me on that ?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: HOw to get GUI ?

Super Collaborator

depends on what your Hortonworks actually is? Did you download a VM/sandbox, or have you already a cluster running? And i am not familiar with Cloudera VM (does this just refer to virtual machine and you like to get a desktop?), so i am not sure what you want to do with the GUI.

Highlighted

Explorer

This section lists the UI ports for stack components: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.3/bk_reference/content/reference_chap2.html

For example, the YARN ResourceManager UI is <host-URL>:8088, and the Atlas Admin UI is at <host-URL>:21000. If you're using Ambari, the Ambari dashboard is available at <host-URL>:8080.

Highlighted

New Contributor

And to add to David, in case you did not go through the process of mapping a specific hostname to the IP address earlier, you can try appending the port number to the end of the IP address similar to the host url syntax explained by David above.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here