Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

[HUE][SOLR] Hue Dashboard interface problem

[HUE][SOLR] Hue Dashboard interface problem

New Contributor

Hello,

I am using HUE 3.11 to create a dashboard. The dashboard can be viewed and queried easily at the time of the creation, but once created and saved I can't access the saved dashboard from the seach option in HUE.

The user interrface seems stuck at this point, I am attaching a screenshot.

Screenshot-2018-4-26 Hue - Solr Search - Search.png

I have exactly same dashboard on HUE 3.10 which is working fine.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Re: [HUE][SOLR] Hue Dashboard interface problem

Which widgets did you add? Would you be able to export the json Dashboard document from the Home page?

Note: that the dashboard were improved quite a bit and 3.11 is kind of old as we are at 4.2 now

New Contributor

Widgets that are added: Text Facet, Pie Chart, Bar Chart and Tree, on two cloumn layout

I am able to export the json dashboard document.

We are using CDH 5.10 and HUE 3.11 is the last supported version.

New Contributor

Hello everyone.

I have the same issue with Hue 4.3 e Cloudera 6.1.1 (SOLR 7.4)

I can create the dashboard (or query the index) but but once created and saved I can't access form HUE panel.

I get some error:

Could not access collection: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: http://rlltdatamas01:8983/solr/admin/luke?user.name=hue&doAs=bill&wt=json&fl=%2A&show=schema
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>
<title>Error 404 Not Found</title>
</head>
<body><h2>HTTP ERROR 404</h2>
<p>Problem accessing /solr/admin/luke. Reason:
<pre>    Not Found</pre></p>
</body>
</html>
 (error 404)

luke is disabled in solr 7.4 by default  and is possible to enable, but only to core not to root.

Potential trace: [('/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-6.1.1-1.cdh6.1.1.p0.875250/lib/hue/desktop/libs/libsolr/src/libsolr/api.py', 689, 'luke', 
"response = self._root.get('%(core)s/admin/luke' % {'core': core}, params=params)"), ('/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-6.1.1-1.cdh6.1.1.p0.875250/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/rest/resource.py', 126, 'get',
'return self.invoke("GET", relpath, params, headers=headers, allow_redirects=True, clear_cookies=clear_cookies)'), ('/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-6.1.1-1.cdh6.1.1.p0.875250/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/rest/resource.py',
80, 'invoke', 'log_response=log_response)'), ('/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-6.1.1-1.cdh6.1.1.p0.875250/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/rest/resource.py', 99, '_invoke', 'clear_cookies=clear_cookies)'),
('/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-6.1.1-1.cdh6.1.1.p0.875250/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/rest/http_client.py', 215, 'execute', 'raise self._exc_class(ex)')]

Cattura.PNG

Thanks for help,

regards

New Contributor

Hello , I have the same error.
Have  you already fixed the issue ?
Please help to fix.  

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi, have you been able to solve this issue? I am having the same problem on Hue 4.4 & Solr 7.4

When you try to open a saved dashboard, the collection name is not included in the Solr call. We checked the database, collection name is saved in dashboard record on database. Might be an UI bug?

New Contributor
No, i have already the problem but I think there is a bug from UI because the older version (< 4.3) don't have the issue.