Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hadoop 3.0 in a Virtual Box for beginners

New Contributor

I tried searching for a VM already set up with hadoop 3, but I could not find one. I tried & successfully installed hadoop 3 on a VM running Ubuntu. I followed the installation guide on the Apache website but ran into a few problems and took some corrective measures. I think for VM installation, there are some things that need to be added. Can I zip up the VM and make it available for download to the community and beginners like me who want to try out hadoop 3 without getting stuck in installation problems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Rohit Masur, if you want to setup a vagrant box pre-installed with Apache Hadoop 3.0 that should be fine. Although Apache Hadoop 3.0 is a fast-moving target right now (still in Alpha) so it may be better to have good documentation.

If the existing installation guide is wrong, please do call that out on the hadoop-user mailing list. Even better if you can file an Apache Hadoop Jira and post a patch to fix the documentation. Feel free to tag me on the Apache Jira if you need any help submitting the patch.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Rohit Masur, if you want to setup a vagrant box pre-installed with Apache Hadoop 3.0 that should be fine. Although Apache Hadoop 3.0 is a fast-moving target right now (still in Alpha) so it may be better to have good documentation.

If the existing installation guide is wrong, please do call that out on the hadoop-user mailing list. Even better if you can file an Apache Hadoop Jira and post a patch to fix the documentation. Feel free to tag me on the Apache Jira if you need any help submitting the patch.