Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Hadoop Sandbox and Windows 10.

Hadoop Sandbox and Windows 10.

I just got the new machine with Widows 10. I tried to work with Hadoop Sandbox 2.5 on Orcle VM Virtualbox. I don't think it is working. Any suggestions. Help is much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hadoop Sandbox and Windows 10.

Super Mentor

@Shantanu Raje

Is there any aspecific reason you are using too old Sandbox 2.5?

HDP 3.0.1 is latest Sandbox if you would like to try: https://hortonworks.com/products/sandbox/
For other old but slightly new Sandboxes like HDP 2.6.5 (compared to Sandbox 2.5) you can refer to the HDP Sandbox Archives: https://hortonworks.com/downloads/

Can you please provide more details on what do you exactly mean by it is not working ... Like can you share the screenshot of any error that you get... Or if the UI is not accessible or if oyu are not able to do SSH login to the Sandbox ...etc.

I am trying to follow the instructions in one of the course from Udemy. It recommends 2.5 and hence downloaded 2.5 and which works on Windows 7. The only message I receive it "Starting Sandbox Container"... I can't capture the screen shot. I am trying to download 3.2 and hopefully it works. Any help is much appreciated.

Super Mentor

@Shantanu Raj

One thing to be noted here... If you are keep seeing that "Starting Sandbox Container" then you should see the RAM allocated to your sandbox. Because you should be allocating at least 8GBB dedicated RAM for your Sandbox VM.

Sandbox Minimum Requirement: In order to run components without issue, Minimum 8GB RAM you should have dedicated on your 64 bit OS to run the Sandbox without any issue. Less RAM allocation might cause a very slow startup of Sandbox and might cause Hung Or Network Service failure.

Example: If your Laptop has 16GB RAM then you can allocate 8GB to your Sandbox VM to use it properly.

Hi Jay,

The install was successful, thanks for your help. As a next step, can you please suggest the steps to access the box using SSH. I intend to install Cassandra on it and use CQL etc.