Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Handling matrix operations where rows and columns are in millions (users X items)

Handling matrix operations where rows and columns are in millions (users X items)

New Contributor

I have just read the post:
@ClouderaEng blog:: working-with-apache-spark-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-shuffle
And, it is a very nice write-up. I had a similar problem, and was wondering about what solution does Ilya Ganelin would have taken or if Justin Kestelyn could help with the brief on the approach with Spark. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Handling matrix operations where rows and columns are in millions (users X items)

Champion
please reshare the link as it is not working. Also provide more information on the post and what you are looking for.

Re: Handling matrix operations where rows and columns are in millions (users X items)

Community Manager

I'll provide the link - 

Working with Apache Spark: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Shuffle

Of course my first thought is that the article is two years old and things have changed quite a bit since then. @mbigelow is right though, some additional background on your needs would be helpful. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here