Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Have cluster up, how do I get to a hadoop command?

Highlighted

Have cluster up, how do I get to a hadoop command?

Explorer

I have successfully deployed a cluster using Cloudbreak. I used the supplied hadoop-spark blueprint. However I can't find any way to issue hadoop commands (i.e. "hadoop fsck / ")

I've run "which hadoop" on each VM and none of them returns any hadoop location.

What am I missing here? How do I successfully issue hadoop commands on my cluster?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Have cluster up, how do I get to a hadoop command?

# list docker containers

docker ps

# connect to container that has ambari-agent

docker exec -it <ambari agent docker id> bash
or 
sudo docker exec -it $(sudo docker ps |grep ambari- | cut -f 1 -d " ") bash

Then run your hadoop commands

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Ancil McBarnett we have some special commands for the easier usage like ambari-enter which enters into the ambari container. Read more here: http://sequenceiq.com/cloudbreak-docs/release-1.1.0/operations/#cloudbreak-application

Explorer

Which machine should these commands be run on? I am running the supplied hadoop-spark blueprint using 4 slaves. The blueprint set up the following machines for me:

cbgateway-0

hostgroupclient1-1

hostgroupmaster1-2

hostgroupmaster2-3

hostgroupmaster3-4

hostgroupslave1-5

hostgroupslave1-6

hostgroupslave1-7

hostgroupslave1-8

This is my result from running on cbgateway-0, so it seems this is not the right machine. Which leads to the question , which one is correct?

2497-2016-03-01-08-48-48.png

Highlighted

Mentor

you'll need to run this on the machine hdfs client is installed on. Look at your Ambari install and find a machine that has clients, worst case, run the docker command on every node until you find the one. @Thom Rogers

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Thom Rogers the cbgateway-0 contains the ambari-server and all other machine contains the ambari agents. The machine which is needs for you depends on the blueprint so If you want to use hdfs then you need a hdfs-client service. If the configuration of the hostgroupslave1 contains an hdfs-client in your blueprint then every machine which name is hostgroupslave1* contains an installed hdfs-client.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Thom Rogers Cloudbreak provisioning the cluster in docker containers. Read more here: http://sequenceiq.com/cloudbreak-docs/release-1.1.0/operations/#cloudbreak-application

Highlighted

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here