Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Having trouble installing rmr2 package

Highlighted

Having trouble installing rmr2 package

After having installed R on the sandbox, I tried to install the rmr2 package by following the official instructions. But I was having trouble even installing the dependency packages before I could actually install rmr2.

install.packages(c("rJava ","bitops","RJSONIO","digest","functional","Rcpp","stringr","plyr","reshape2","codetools","dplyr","R.methodsS3","caTools","Hmisc"))

I got the following error message repeated as many times as the number of packages I was trying to install:

/usr/lib64/R/bin/R:line 8:uname:command not found
/usr/lib64/R/bin/R:line 143:exec:sh: not found

I have also tried add the following to the end of the install.packages command, but didn't help:

..., repos='http://cran.revolutionanalytics.com', dependencies=TRUE

Any help will be much appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Having trouble installing rmr2 package

Highlighted

Hi there, thank you for the reply. I just double checked that I have the most updated epel. And I was following the instructions in the last two links you provided, but still having this problem...

Highlighted

@JJ Yang

Try this - [I tested and it worked for me]

1. Login to linux/centos box using root -

2. execute - $R

3. You will get Rshell then type -

$> chooseCRANmirror()

4. select 33

5. select 44

6. Note execute -

>> install.packages(c("rJava ","bitops","RJSONIO","digest","functional","Rcpp","stringr","plyr","reshape2","codetools","dplyr","R.methodsS3","caTools","Hmisc"))

Installing packages into ‘/usr/lib64/R/library’

Let me know still if it fails.

Highlighted

Hi. Thank you for your reply. After going through step 1-3, I only see mirrors numbered from 1 to 28....

Highlighted

@JJ YangCan you pass me the mirrors screenshot. Try selecting any mirror near to you.

@Sagar Shimpi I retried your suggestion, and this time somehow there were 33 options, so I did as you suggested. But the installation still failed. I think it might have something to do with the PATH not including the right directories where those commands are stored, hence the error messages. I did as the second reply on this post suggested, but ended up having a similar error, except the command not found is a different one. I don't know if you have any thoughts on this. Much thanks!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here