Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hbase labels table creation

Contributor

We are using Cloudera 6.2.1 and enabling row and cell level ACLs on our Hbase tables.  After turning on the Hbase authorization toggle, in some environments, everything works perfectly.  We can add new labels and auths from Hbase shell.

In a few environments when trying to call the 'add_labels' command in Hbase shell it complains that 'Table hbase:labels does not exist'.  To fix it i ran the following command.

create 'hbase:labels','f'

Then I was able to call the add_labels command no problem.  I was just curious what actually creates this table and was trying to understand why in some environments it wasn't created.

Richard

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Master Collaborator

Hi @Rjkoop 

Visibility labels are not officially supported by Cloudera, please refer to this link:

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/release-notes/topics/rg_cdh_620_unsupported_fea...

Regards,

Will

View solution in original post

Super Collaborator

Hello @Rjkoop 

As stated by @willx, Visibility Labels aren't supported & Will has shared the Link. As such, We are marking the Post as Solved. Having said that, Your Team may post any further concerns in the Post. We shall review & get back to your Team accordingly.

Thanks for using Cloudera Community.

Regards, Smarak

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

Hi @Rjkoop 

Visibility labels are not officially supported by Cloudera, please refer to this link:

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/release-notes/topics/rg_cdh_620_unsupported_fea...

Regards,

Will

Super Collaborator

Hello @Rjkoop 

As stated by @willx, Visibility Labels aren't supported & Will has shared the Link. As such, We are marking the Post as Solved. Having said that, Your Team may post any further concerns in the Post. We shall review & get back to your Team accordingly.

Thanks for using Cloudera Community.

Regards, Smarak